2. Payment terms for hire of Equipment are cash on delivery unless the Hirer has been approved by the Company for a credit account.
3. If the Hirer has been approved by the Company for a credit account, payment terms for all credit accounts shall be on invoice terms of 14 days from date of delivery or 30 days from end of month or as otherwise agreed, subject to authorisation or agreement provided by the Company.
4. Payment may be made by credit card (visa or mastercard only), by bank cheque, by cheque, by electronic transfer, by cash or as otherwise authorised or agreed to by the Company.
5. During the hire period, the Hirer must pay to the Company all fees, charges and rates charged by the Company for the hire of the Equipment.
6. The Company reserves the right to amend fees, charges or rates and/or terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice to the Hirer.
7. The Company may at any time without notice, terminate or suspend the Hirer’s right to hire Equipment or acquire services from the Company on credit and shall not be liable for any damages, costs, penalties or charges incurred by the Hirer or any third party as a result of the non-supply of Equipment or services by the Company.
8. All invoices shall immediately become due and payable in the event of default on payment by the Hirer of any invoice or account, regardless of whether or not some invoices may otherwise have become due for payment.
9. Any amount that remains unpaid for 60 days from the date of invoice shall incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month or part thereof as an administration charge. The Hirer agrees that that this is a fair and reasonable charge and is directly relevant to the likely damage that the Company might suffer as a result of non-payment by the Hirer. Interest will be calculated on all outstanding amounts from the date of issue of the invoice.
10. Any unpaid amounts that may from time to time be overdue
and any interest charged shall be recoverable forthwith from the Hirer as a liquidated debt.
11. Payment shall be made by the Hirer to the Company without any set off or deduction against any other amount whatsoever.
12. The Hirer hereby gives the Company authority to make enquiries as to the credit and financial responsibilities of the Hirer and/or its Directors and/or Shareholders in order to suitably qualify the Hirer’s capacity to incur debt and repay any amounts to the Company. These inquiries shall include but not be limited to obtaining reports from credit reporting agencies and references from current and/or past providers of credit to the Hirer.
13. In the event of default on payment by the Hirer, the Hirer will be liable for all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to debt recovery and legal expenses and including commission charged by debt recovery agents and solicitor’s costs) on a full indemnity basis or on a solicitor and own client basis whichever is the higher, incurred by the Company in seeking to recover the default amount.
14. The Hirer hereby charges its interest in any and all land registered in its name as security for payment of monies it owes to The Company.
15. In accordance with s.18E(8)(c) of the Privacy Act 1988, the Hirer acknowledges that the Company has informed it that certain items of personal information about the Hirer contained in/or relating to the Hirer’s credit application and permitted to be kept on a credit information file might be disclosed to a credit reporting agency. Furthermore, the Hirer agrees, in accordance with s.18H(3), s.18K(1)(b), s.18K(1)(c), s.18K(1)(h) and s.18N(1)(b) of the Privacy Act 1988 that use by the Company of the relevant information referred to in those sections may occur for the purpose of assessing the Hirer’s credit application.